Our Scullcap & Valerian Tablets help to naturally relax your pet, with the active herbs naturally supporting the calming pathways within the nervous system, reducing anxiety without immobilising muscles or causing drowsiness. They don’t make pets dopey or wobbly – in fact they are widely used for agility and show dogs when they need to be alert and focussed, but calm. The tablets help tackle stress, fear and anxiety, whatever the cause, so both you and your pet can relax.
How do these tablets work?
The specifically selected ingredients work together to help tackle stress, fear and anxiety in your pet:
– Valerian: helps to support the natural relaxant pathways within the nervous system without affecting muscles.
– Scullcap: contains a number of valuable compounds including those which bind to the GABA receptor and reduce anxiety.
– Mistletoe: helps to support the natural calming pathways within the nervous system and helps circulation.
– Gentian: supports the other natural active compounds and helps maintain normal liver function.
What situations are Scullcap & Valerian Tablets good for?
– Noise phobias (fireworks/thunderstorms)
– New home/rescue
– Separation anxiety
– Habitual anxiety
– Canine cognitive dysfunction and associated confusion/disorientation
– Training/performance support
– False pregnancy
– Territorial urine spraying in cats
– Skin sensitivity in nervous dogs
– Conditions which are worsened by a heightened state of anxiety or nervous excitability
There are no quick fixes when it comes to successfully helping your dog to manage their anxiety or fears for the long term. Gentle and consistent behavioural work and training are required to help them to respond more positively to stressful situations, which takes time. This process is likely to be more effective when your dog is more relaxed, which is where Scullcap & Valerian Tablets can help.
When do I need to start giving the products?
The tablets should be given daily, ideally splitting the dose in two, to give half in the morning and half in the evening. For best results, we recommend that they are used every day for a minimum of three weeks alongside gentle and consistent behavioural work and training.
For ‘one-off’ stressful events, our Valerian Compound is a great short term, quicker acting option, and can also be used alongside the tablets for a top up if needed.
Give 1 tablet per 5kgs bodyweight daily. Increase to double as and when required.
Not suitable for use during pregnancy or lactation.
Can be used in conjunction with other medications.
Always read the label.